Heidelberg University > Faculty of Law > Institute for comparative law, conflict of laws and international business law > Personen > Lehrstuhl Prof. Weller >
- Legal Studies (1995-2000), First (2000) and Second (2002) State Examination in Law in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Licence en Droit in Montpellier, France (1998).
- Student and graduate research assistant of Prof. Dr. Dr. hc. mult. Erik Jayme (1998 – 2002).
- Associate advocate at Sherman and Sterling LLP (2003-2005), with a focus on Company Law, Litigation and International Arbitration.
- Doctoral dissertation at the University of Heidelberg (2004) on „Free choice of company forms and shareholder liability“ (translated from original German: „Europäische Rechtsformwahlfreiheit und Gesellschafterhaftung“), under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Dr. hc. mult. Peter Hommelhoff (first advisor) and Prof. Dr. hc. mult. Erik Jayme (second advisor), honoured by the Max-Hachenburg-Award.
- Research assistant and Post-doctoral researcher at the University of Cologne’s Institute for Private International Law and Foreign Law under Prof. Dr. Heinz-Peter Mansel (2005-2008).
- Post-doctoral dissertation (Habilitationsschrift) (2007/08), published in 2011 on „Sanctity of contracts “ (translated from original German: „Die Vertragstreue“) under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Heinz-Peter Mansel (first advisor) and Prof. Dr. Barbara Dauner-Lieb (second advisor), honoured by the German Notary Institute’s Helmut Schippel award (2008) and financially supported by a full grant of the “Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft” (DFG) (2005-2008).
- Interim Professor at the University of Munich (spring semester 2008).
- Appointment to the University of Mannheim (2008), Professor of Private Law, International Company Law and European Business Law; Director to the Institute for Business Law (2008-2011) and Dean of Studies of the University of Mannheim Law Faculty (2009-2011).
- Declined appointment to the University of Tübingen (2011)
- Appointment to the University of Freiburg (2011), Director to the Institute for Private and Commercial Law of the University of Freiburg (2011-2014).
- Appointment to the University of Heidelberg (2014).
- Since July 2014 Professor for Private Law, Commercial Law, International Private Law and Comparative Law at the Law Faculty of the University of Heidelberg and Director at the Institute for Comparative Law, Conflict of Laws and International Business Law.
Responsible: Prof. Dr. Marc-Philippe Weller
Latest Revision: 2020-10-27