Heidelberg University > Faculty of Law > Institute for comparative law, conflict of laws and international business law > Personen > Lehrstuhl Prof. Weller >
- Legal Studies (1995-2000), First (2000) and Second (2002) State Examination in Law in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Licence en Droit in Montpellier, France (1998).
- Student and graduate research assistant of Prof. Dr. Dr. hc. mult. Erik Jayme (1998 – 2002).
- Associate advocate at Sherman and Sterling LLP (2003-2005).
- Doctoral dissertation at the University of Heidelberg (2004) on „Free choice of company forms and shareholder liability“ (translated from original German: „Europäische Rechtsformwahlfreiheit und Gesellschafterhaftung“), under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Dr. hc. mult. Peter Hommelhoff (first advisor) and Prof. Dr. hc. mult. Erik Jayme (second advisor), honoured by the Max-Hachenburg-Award.
- Research assistant and Post-doctoral researcher at the University of Cologne’s Institute for Private International Law and Foreign Law under Prof. Dr. Heinz-Peter Mansel (2005-2008).
- Post-doctoral dissertation (Habilitationsschrift) (2007/08), published in 2011 on „Sanctity of contracts “ (translated from original German: „Die Vertragstreue“) under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Heinz-Peter Mansel (first advisor) and Prof. Dr. Barbara Dauner-Lieb (second advisor), honoured by the German Notary Institute’s Helmut Schippel award (2008) and financially supported by a full grant of the “Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft” (DFG) (2005-2008).
- Interim Professor at the University of Munich (spring semester 2008).
- Appointment to the University of Mannheim (2008), Professor of Private Law, International Company Law and European Business Law; Director to the Institute for Business Law (2008-2011) and Dean of Studies of the University of Mannheim Law Faculty (2009-2011).
- Declined appointment to the University of Tübingen (2011)
- Appointment to the University of Freiburg (2011), Director to the Institute for Private and Commercial Law of the University of Freiburg (2011-2014).
- Appointment to the University of Heidelberg (2014).
- Since July 2014 Director at the Institute for Comparative Law, Conflict of Laws and International Business Law.
- Vice-Rector of Heidelberg University (since 2019)
Responsible: Prof. Dr. Marc-Philippe Weller
Latest Revision: 2023-06-30