- Co-Editor of the „Zeitschrift für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht“ (ZGR) (since 2011) and the „Zeitschrift für Europäisches Privatrecht“ (ZEuP) (since 2012) (both peer reviewed journals).
- Director of Studies at the Hague Academy of International Law (Private International Law Session) (2011).
- Local representative of the German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes) (since 2012).
- Lecturer to the Summer Academy of the German National Academic Foundation in Italy, 2013.
- Chairman to the Freiburg Vis Moot Court-Team (2012 – 2014).
- External dissertation advisor to Université Paris I (Sorbonne), Université de Strasbourg/France and University of Antwerp/Belgium, external postdoctoral dissertation advisor to the University of Innsbruck/Austria and the Bucerius Law School/Germany.
International Conference papers, inter alia in Brussels (Belgium), Porto Alegre (Brazil), Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille, Nancy, Rouen, Toulouse (France), Budapest (Hungary), Jerusalem (Israel), Bergamo (Italy), Tokyo, Kyoto (Japan), Luxembourg, Krakow (Poland), Gothenburg (Sweden), Tucumán (Argentina); Winston Salem/North Carolina (Wake Forest School of Law).
Visiting professorship at the Universities of Gothenburg/Sweden (2017 – 2019), Nancy/France (2017) and Vienna/Austria (2018).
Member of the LL.M.-Selection Committee of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) (membership period 2014 – 2021).
President of the German-French Law Association (since 2016).
Member of the Review Board of the German Research Foundation (DFG) (membership period 2016 – 2019).
Nominated for a Special Course on Private International Law at the Hague Academy of International Law in 2018.
Visiting professorships at the Universities of Gothenburg/Sweden (2016 – 2019), Nancy/France (2017), Washington DC/USA (2017/2018) and Vienna/Austria (2018).